Monday, November 18, 2013

Birthday!

My birthday was on Saturday. Since my kids have fifth's disease we mostly just hung out at home. But since they have their rashes they aren't contagious anymore. So we went ahead and went bowling and just tried to keep them from being in close proximity to other people. Even though they aren't contagious, I've still kept them home from church and school because they look like they got in a fight with a swarm of killer bees.

I am so excited to be done with work, but I am moving so slowly! I think I just got used to pretending I didn't work anymore and liked that life better :)

Also, I get very distracted when we talk about all the fun places we want to move. We've talked about:

1) Sydney, Australia:

Pros:
1) Another country with lots of culture (that's the #1 thing we're going for. Just, change. . . .)
2) Their dollar is $.94 of our dollar ;)
3) Warm! Should make the joints feel good.
4) Surrounded by water, we can swim OFTEN, another plus for joints
5) Plane tickets are only $500.
 
Cons:
1) 19 hour Plane ride. . .
2) Snakes
3) Home to hundreds of species of sharks
4) no Disneyland in driving distance ;) But I suppose if we only go for a year we'll live.
 
Dublin, Ireland
 
Pros:
1) We've already been and know WE LOVE IT
2) we would rent or buy a condo where we stayed last time because it was in a perfect location: walking distance to DART and train, walking distance to St. Stephen's Green, Trinity College, and three different fabric stores ;)
3) Speak English, sort of. Ha!
4) easy to navigate, no vehicle necessary
 
Cons:
1) Expensive plane tickets
2) Rent is a tad bit expensive
3) Chilly all year long
4) RIGHT in the middle of the city. We were in a nice quiet place, but I was sometimes concerned about muggings or middle of the night craziness.
 
Cork, Ireland
Pros:
1) A little less crazy than Dublin
2) No car required
3) A little less expensive than Dublin
4) Lots of fabric stores :)
5) bike friendly
 
Cons:
1) Plane ticket cost
2) Overcast all the time
3) Chilly
4) 2 hour train ride from airport
 
 
In another post I'll talk about other places we're considering
1) London, England, 2) Oxford, England, 3) Bath, England 4) The Channel Islands (dream. . . )
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment