Thursday, April 15, 2010

Reflections on Joshua's third birthday



Joshua is three years old today! He's such a special boy and we are so thankful to have him in our family. I told him I was going to write about him and asked him what he wanted me to say. He said this:

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to my cup with the cereal. I like playing toys with Miriam. Happy Birthday to my pancake breakfast. Happy birthday to the play park."

Joshua is a very special boy and we love him. He has always been advanced from the beginning! He was mobile at 5 weeks! If we put our arm at his feet while he was doing "tummy time" he would push on our arms and "scoot" all over the place, like a little worm. And at 5 weeks!!! He was walking well at 9 months. He could identify some letters and sounds early on. At 11 months, if Garren and I would say "T-H" Joshua would make the sound for "th." He started using the potty at 16 months (of course we still have yet to switch to underwear--he's afraid of it). And today, at three years, he is reading several words including: big, as, for, a, I, the, in, and a few more.

Joshua has always been very loving to us, and now he is to his sister, Miriam. From the beginning of her life he has been concerned for her: "We need to go back to the doctor to get Miriam's penis! The doctor forgot her penis!" If she is crying, even if I am holding her right in my arms, he will tell me she is crying, just in case I don't already know. I got out of the shower a few days ago and found him tucking her in her bed and he said, "Shhh. . . Miriam is sleeping." There is a special bond between the two of them and I consider myself very blessed to have them.


I can already tell that my boy is going to grow up to be something special--he'll change the world. I love my Joshua!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how much Joshua looks like his Mommy! So cool. And a little girl... isn't so different than having a boy? Baby A reminds me of that every day. So the question is-What are you doing back in BV?

    Happy Birthday Joshua!

    ReplyDelete