Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cousin fun




I remember growing up with my cousins and how much fun we had together. I hope we will make it back to Arizona so that my kids can grow up with their cousins. When we were Arizona we got to meet the new cousin, Berkley, for the first time. She is Neal and Krista's daughter and she is a beautiful baby. She is a very happy baby and LOVES her mommy and daddy. She doesn't want to be anyone else! She's great and had a great time with Miriam and Joshua. 

I was thinking of all the sleepovers and fun things we used to do together as cousins. I remember one time we all spent the night and Grandma Joyce's and decided we'd clean her house for her in the middle of the night because we love her so much. And she walked in on us cleaning the kitchen. She turned on the light and there we were trying to mop her floor. We weren't doing a very good job. We used the water sprayer thing on the faucet and pulled it out as far as it would go and used that to spray water on the floor. haha. She told us to go back to bed. Then we just did normal kids stuff, like sneak out of the back door and go into the guarage to get cokes and stuff. 

Or the was the ever popular "truth or dare" when we dared Shannon to run around the block screaming in the middle of the night. Then probably 15 years later we were having a "cousins" party and did the same thing and dared Neal to do the running around the neighborhood. He ran down the street yelling, "SHIT! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!" Hmm. . . I am now feeling bad for the Adler's. We all probably made them look like KOOKS to their neighbors. All in the name of fun. . .

But that's how it went. That was my life with my cousin. . . in "Laymon's" terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment