Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Dreaming too big??

I'm sitting here at my work desk with my legs wrapped in a heating pad. I've been running everyday and at a fast pace. I'm trying to meet a huge goal. But I'm beginning to think I didn't give myself enough time to achieve it. My goal may be unrealistic. We'll see. I'm going to keep going.

I have never felt better than I do right now and it is because I have my mind, body and spirit all in the right place. Before I felt imbalanced. My mind (work) was overpowering everything and my body and spirit suffered. Or there was a time after feeling betrayal that I just let my spirit completely die and was solely relying on mind and body. And I just didn't feel like I was making progress no matter how much work I put into it.

Finally, I am at the right place in my life to have big dreams and big goals. I have found balance in my work life (which is what I think of as the "mind" portion of this triad) by cutting out the work blog. (I have three blogs. Work blog is windowsbymelissa.BlogSpot-- "mind," That which doesn't kill you.blogspot, "body," and Real Life in Laymon's terms-- "spirit." And I am keeping records in all of them of my journey). My work blog was bringing in too much business and had a lot of expectation with it as we had paid advertisers on it. So when I cut that out the work load slowed a little and I didn't feel obligated to write posts because we had people paying for ad space. I also cut out FB, chat and tv. I have the tv on right now while I am working, but I'm watching the news. Otherwise, I listen to music or uplifting conference talks. I also have a great set of videos from the Living Scriptures about the modern day prophets that I enjoy watching while I work. I have decided to only have positive and uplifting media on while I work so I don't feel the weight of depression, or go into a run in a negative mood, or any other mood other than that of focusing on the run. This has also helped in my spiritual life. In cutting out media I have a much clearer mind and find myself dwelling on positive helpful thoughts. And now that I am a temple recommend holder again, I just feel repaired and whole and ready to dream big.

My goal is a little too big. I get up every morning to run before my kids wake up so that my personal goals don't encroach on my kids time. We had a bad snow last week (22") and it melts during the day then refreezes at night. So I have been going to the gym in the afternoons or running while my kids are in their swim lessons. But starting tomorrow I'll be back to normal. hello 4:30 am!! I can do this now that I have balance in my work life.

Since my goal is so big, I accessed the spiritual side of it. I needed to pick a training and diet plan. I decided the Word Of Wisdom is my plan. I prayed to Heavenly Father and told Him that if He will help me reach my goals, I will testify to ALL THE WORLD that my training plan is the Word of Wisdom! I also told Him that I understand if this isn't my path and isn't meant to be because of my current health concerns. But if He see fit, I will preach till I die that the Word of Wisdom is there to help us be in our optimum physical states.

That being said, I currently have about 1 coke a week. I need to cut that out. . . And after really reading into the word of wisdom in detail, I have determined we eat WAY too much meat. :/

I read the WOW often to remind myself of it and keep myself on track. So far I am doing great. I have to run 11 miles today to keep on track with my training and my legs feel like lead weights! But I am determined.

While the goal itself involved running a particular marathon, the ultimate goal is to inspire. We are all given excuses, particularly myself with EDS. That's the perfect excuse not to run. But just because we have an excuse doesn't mean we have to use it. I hope to teach my kids this. And it's a lesson I hope they apply to their entire lives, not just running. The point is that there is an excuse for everything. But we don't have to use them. We shouldn't use them. They just hold us back from. . . the gold ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment