Monday, February 3, 2014

Temple Recommend holder

Yesterday was an emotional day for many reasons. The most emotional part had to be that we learned Garren's grandfather will not live through this week. Everyone seems to be at peace with his decision. But, these things are always difficult no matter what the circumstance. And waiting for the phone call is ZERO fun.

But for me, personally, yesterday was a day I've been working toward for a long time. I am, once again, a Temple Recommend holder. I want to be clear that I didn't have my recommend taken from me. I let it expire and didn't renew it. I have struggled with my inlaws since the day before I got married when I met most of them. I didn't understand how being sealed to families worked. I didn't like the idea of being sealed to his family. And because of that, I didn't want to go to the temple. I haven't been to the temple in over three years. I sought more understanding and knowledge on the subject from my bishop and learned that being sealed does not work latterly. So while I am sealed to Garren, it does not mean that I will be with him and his siblings in the afterlife even though they are all sealed to each other.  When I learned this I started working harder on overcoming my negative feelings so that I could enter the temple with a clear mind and positive thoughts.

I am so grateful for the temple for so many reasons. But I have to say, if it weren't for that little 2" by 4" piece of paper, I don't know if I would have worked so hard to overcome my negative feelings towards them. I feel much about everything and now that our relationships have healed, things in my own family are operating much more smoothly. The temple truly blesses families in every way imaginable. I have a better understanding of temple blessings now more than ever. If I hadn't had this experience, I don't know if I ever would have gained this understanding.

I will never let my recommend expire again :) Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment