Sunday, May 23, 2010

Julie and Julia week two

Last week was almost successful. I made it home from the grocery store without pesto, so i couldn't try the asparagus dip. And I bought a store brand of what I thought was sprite, but aparantly it was store brand Mt. Dew. It was called "Citrus Pop" . . . very misleading. . . So didn't get to try the raspberry drink, but I will this week, because I am really looking forward to it!

The recipes I have selected for this week came from my Disneyland cookbook and are:

  • New England Pot Roast
  • Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup
  • Tonga Toast
  • Flame Tree BBQ Sauce
  • Rice Cream with Strawberry Sauce
  • Choux Fritters

I am looking forward to this weeks recipes!! I will report daily in the comments, as usual. 

4 comments:

  1. Tonight I did Flame Tree BBQ Sauce. One word, or sound, rather. . . BLECK. Won't make it again! Didn't like it at all.

    The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheddar Cheese Soup--excellent! I will totally do it again! I didn't understand some of the directions. . . but it came out okay in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pot Roast- I used stew meat instead and it turned out really well.

    Does not make for good leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Tonga Toast was so awesome I am going to post the recipe just in case I can't find it. haha. It's super easy.

    You take hoagie sandwich bread (or sourdough) and take out a little bit of the middle. You stuff the hole with banana then deep fry that in oil. Once it has slightly browned on both sides you remove it from the oil and roll it in cinnamon/sugar. I served it with homemade strawberry syrup and it was SOOO GOOOD. SO unhealthy, but hey, having that once a month won't kill anyone.

    ReplyDelete