Friday, May 28, 2010

Toodles



On Tuesday we were driving home from the gym and there was a PETCO with a sign that said, "Adoptions Today!" I thought I'd take Josh in to see some puppies. When we got in there they sayd it was in fact over the weekend that there were adoptions and they just hadn't taken down the sign yet. Joshua was a little upset that there were no puppies, but was satisfied with snakes and turtles. I didn't have anything else planned for the rest of the day so I decided to take him to the SPCA to see the puppies. We saw our little Toodles and just fell in love! 

We also fell in love with an adult black lab, but he was just too big for our house. I am still thinking about him though, 3 days later. . . He was so sweet. So, we went to the puppy room and they had just received four puppies from the same little: boston terrior/beagles. So precious! He house the body of the terrior, but is colored and howl like a beagle. It looks like he will be the size of the terrior and he has a beagle snout. 

He has been a great addition to our family. Josh just loves him. They chase each other in the back yard and have a great time! The dog loves Miriam. He licks her feet whenever she is in her bouncer and Miriam gets the funniest look on her face because she is so confused! It's great. He is crate training and is doing very well with that. Potty training, well, that's another story. But, he still needs some time for that. . . .

Joshua's favorite TV show, and by favorite I mean it's all we watch, is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. There is a character on there named Tootles so that is what we named the dog. I wasn't sure on the spelling when I did the registration for his chip, so I spelled it with a D. The correct spelling is with a T, but since it is D on his chip I will just keep writing Toodles.




2 comments:

  1. Oh yah, and he is the same age as Miriam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toodles is so cute. I like the mix. Ben is ready to get a second dog. We got Roxie the same way and Caemlyn was only one month old.

    ReplyDelete