Friday, May 28, 2010

"Whoever makes a Garden has oh, so many friends."








I went to the library once and checked out many books on gardening and have been enjoying a garden for the past three years now. I love being in my garden and watching things grow. I enjoy planting seeds with Joshua. When Joshua was about just a year old he started helping me in the garden. He had observed me planting seeds and wanted to try it. He took a "bite size Snickers" he has found in the house, took it out to the garden, dug a whole, put the snickers in and covered it with dirt patting it down with a shovel. And for the past three years he has been helping me in my garden. This year I chose to do all low maintenance stuff in my garden because I have a newborn baby. But, she sleeps all day and is a perfect baby, so I am planting some more stuff this weekend. I just hope it isn't too late. 

I have already had great success from all my berry plants. We are enjoying many fresh strawberries and will likely have blackberries, raspberries and blueberries to enjoy next week. Our apples should be ready shortly as well. It is very rewarding to have a garden. I have enjoyed it very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment